Saturday, January 24, 2009

What a week

We have so much going on and so many good things happening that I don't know where to begin. I guess I should start with child #1- Asha ( as we call her) :) She got her report card this week and of course all 1's and S's which I guess in kindergarten means straight A's. We found out (after the fact) that she had been tested at school for being gifted. So... she since the results of the test stated that she is gifted (oh I always knew this) she will be going to a special class every Friday to learn above and beyond what they teach in her regular class. She also got her enrichment (free afterschool activity) back this week and she is taking Little Scrapbookers (hooray!) which is every Thursday. I don't know what I will do when all of my kids are in different activities but for now one child participating is just fine.

Child #2- Ry guy. Well, he is almost 3, so I figured we should try to potty train. Let me tell you, way harder with little boys than with girls. It has been hit or miss for the past 2 weeks and I am not giving up but I am going to ease off a little. Funny story though. I had to wake Ryan up from his nap in order to go pick up Ashley from school. I didn't think I had enough time to sit him on the potty so I grabbed a diaper and told him to lay down and said "Don't pee on me". Well, I take his diaper off and the 'sprinkler"started. I kind of screamed an Oh No and then told him to walk to the bathroom to finish while I cleaned up the pee on the carpet. So off he went to the bathroom and two seconds later I hear him say Oh no. So, I walk in there and he is standing next to the potty chair and there is pee everywhere. That is everywhere but the toilet (ha!). He is also crying like the world is ending. So- lesson for the day, when you don't think you have enough time to sit the 3 year old on the potty, sit him there anyways. It will save time in the end :)

Finally Child #3- Lexi Lu! We went to the doctor for her 2 month check-up and I was very nervous. I of course had no reason to be nervous but hey I don't always have a good reason for my feelings. So, we go to the doctor and they put her on the scale and it says 8 lbs. 10 oz. and I did a happy dance right there in the hallway (yes the nurse looked at me like I lost my mind). I am just so happy that she continues to progress so well. When I was sitting in the NICU the first couple days after she was born begging her to eat those 50 cc's of formula I really didn't think that in 2 months she would be eating 4 oz. every 3-4 hours. She also has decided it is time for her to sleep through the night (hallelujah!). Sleeping is not something my other children did well, so the Lord knew I needed at least one who didn't require being bribed to sleep in their own bed (yes, sadly we did do that with Ashley but she was 3). The shots went without a hitch and we don't have to go back until 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment