Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Cheer Mom?

Well, my name is Jama and I am officially a cheer leading mom. We signed Ashley up with Dynasty Elite. To be honest, I have been a mess over this decision. I do not like making major decisions. This stems from not wanting to fail at anything (which I do know is inevitable). Ashley is so excited and she did so well at her second practice that I know the decision to do this now is good but I am just a little scared about how this is going to effect our family as a whole. I also know that this is just the beginning and that I need to just suck it up and roll with the punches but I handle things better if I have some time to process it first and this was a decision that had to be made in 48 hours before the next practice. I think I talked it over with everyone I know and actually some people I didn't know but now that the decision is made I am happy with it and have thrown myself (not literally) full force into this whole cheer thing.
I do not however cheer leading terms by any means. Ashley needed some help "practicing" her back bends and cartwheels before cheer practice. Now, something that I know as her mom is that if you "help" her too much she will never try on her own. So.... she fell once or twice while attempting the back bends but after a few head butts on the floor she progressed to a nice fluid back bend with no help. I was very proud of her and impressed that she learned it after 2 practices. We worked on her cartwheel (which I had to demonstrate- hilarious) and she has gotten much better at that as well. She hasn't really done any tumbling so I think she might go to a few beginning tumbling classes to learn some basics from someone who actually knows what they are doing. So for now, I am just cheer mom...encouraging dancing, tumbling, and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment