Friday, August 28, 2009

Where did my week go?

It seems like I have lost a whole week. Crazy as it may be I have been so extremely busy this week that now that it is 7 pm Friday evening I really am having a hard time believing the week went by so quickly. I also know that since adding cheer to our routine twice a week, the rest of my weeks may keep going this quickly. {Sigh, Sniff, WHAAAAAA!}
I like routine. To people who know me this is not a surprise. I like eating the same things, going the same places, I like the schedule. This week has been a challenge with the impromptu visit to Dynasty Elite, to having swimming cancelled not once but twice this week, my husband being out of town for 3 days (not uncommon but this week not fun), my routine is ruined. BUT a new routine is here and I have almost come to terms with it. I am going to have to be a little more intentional with my workout planning and I think morning runs are going to be the norm around here for awhile but in the end it will all be worth it.
I hope that I will be able to enjoy the ride and remember the good moments.
Last night, since swimming was cancelled, I took Ashley to her first Beginner Tumbling class. She has never tumbled before so I figured she may need a little help and that it couldn't hurt. So off we went, me and the three munchkins. About half way to the gym it started to rain buckets. Luckily by the time we had to get out of the car it had stopped. We had just stepped into the gym when the monsoon started. I guess since it was raining no one else decided to show up for Beginning Tumbling so Ashley got a private lesson. I think it really helped her to be able to talk one on one with the coach. She practiced her backbends, forward rolls, did a handstand (for the first time), worked on her cartwheel, and did jumps on the trampoline (oh yeah, never been on one of those before either). She did so good and I was able to see how my other 2 handled waiting on her practice to be over. Ryan did good. He kept checking to see if it was still raining (and it was every time) and Lexi is truly a go with the flow baby so I have to say it was definitely a successful first attempt.
Speaking of Ryan, he did so well this week for his first week of preschool. He wasn't able to go to school on Wednesday because he was sick but he actually wanted to go. Today when we were waiting at the door for him to go inside he was just super excited and (drumroll please) he came home in the clothes I sent him in. NO ACCIDENTS- hooray!!!
Well, it's time for bed. Gotta do some cross training tomorrow and a nice 4 mile run on Sunday.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment