Sunday, October 18, 2009

The difference between day and night

Thank you for all of your encouraging words about the eating. It is going well this week and I am treating it like training :)

I ran last night with T. She has wanted to run without the joggers and if finally worked out on a night. We met at her house and took off around 7:40. It was such a gorgeous night. The temperature was about 65 and that is the coolest temperature that I have ever run in. We took off ran down to the gate and it didn't open so we did a little adventure racing and shimmied under the gate (funny sight). We kept running and all of a sudden it there were no more street lights and then the sidewalk ended...so we turned around and had to rethink our course. We were only supposed to go five but we ended up doing 6 and walking a half to cool down. It was so much fun.

I was supposed to run a long run with M tomorrow night but she still has some groin pain from the 10K and we have the 13K this coming Saturday so we will see how she feels but T might run with us too. It is supposed to be in the 50's so pray that my Florida self doesn't freeze while running-ha!

I am really looking forward to doing the Tower of Terror 13K this Saturday. First because it is at night...a little late with a start time of 10:30 and my goal is to finish before midnight- which to me is a generous goal. Whether or not I finish in that time I am really going to try and enjoy this race. They won't be doing this one again because they added the Wine and Dine Half Marathon next October. I will be signing up for that as soon as registration opens- super excited about doing a half at night (remember I am not fond of mornings!)

Congrats to all of you who had races this weekend!! Hope you have a great week of recovery.


Happy Running!!


p.s. we went to the pumpking patch this weekend and my little pumpkin is 11 months old today

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment