Saturday, October 3, 2009

What?!? The stomach flu? (a very LONG update)

I am sorry that I haven't posted but if you follow me on twitter you would know that we have been battling the stomach flu here in Kyleland since EARLY and I do mean early Wednesday morning. I woke up around 1:30ish to someone running around the upstairs. I thought it was Ryan so I got up to investigate and heard someone crying. So I ran up the stairs to find Ashley who had been in her bathroom got tummy sick and RAN to Ryan's bathroom to thrown up (i know my kids are a little odd). So I cleaned up the mess, got her in clean clothes, places towels all over her room, and gave her a bucket (so she wouldn't have to run around). Then she and I both went back to sleep. Ry came down around 6 which was when Dave proceeded to follow in Ashley's footsteps- without all the switching bathrooms. He said that if Ash felt like he did to keep her home from school. At this point Ryan wasn't showing any symptoms of being sick AT ALL so I thought they had gotten food poisoning since Dave and Ash had been out the night before for cheer. So, I take Ry to school and bring Ash home for a little rest. She is still getting sick at regular intervals and can not eat or drink ANYTHING. She takes a nap and then Dave calls to tell me he is coming home from work because he is too sick to be there says his Deputy Chief. This about the time I was going to pick up Ry and I had an epiphany. If Dave was home and Ash and Ry were napping I could go for a short run with Lexi.
HMMMM! Maybe not my best idea!
Dave comes home, Ash and Ry are sleeping and I take off with Lexi. It is about 1:15 or so by now so it has already been a pretty long day. I had a pretty good run but was feeling a little guilty about leaving my sick kids with their sick daddy, so I only ran about 2 miles. I walked in the door to Ryan's bedding which he had gotten sick on-YUCKY!!! and my little boy sitting on the couch looking so exhausted. Dave was feeling better at this point but this was the beginning of my 4 days FULL OF LAUNDRY. I honestly think I did about 15 loads total of sheets and towels and I was tempted to run to Home Depot and buy one of those blue tarps that they sell during hurricane season and lay all of my family on those to not have to wash more sheets.
So, by the end of Wednesday everyone was feeling a bit better and I was feeling pretty confident because I still felt ok. I decided to sleep on the couch so that I could hear the kids better during the night.
DeJaVu! Ry came down and slept on the floor next to the couch and then around 6...ummmm...i didn't feel so hot and I layed on the couch for the next 18 hours. I only got up 3 times to use the restroom. During those 18 hours I SLEPT!!! WHAT?!?! 18 hours of sleep- I guess my body was trying to tell me that it was tired. The worst part for me wasn't the tummy problems it was that my bones hurt so badly. I just kept telling myself that there were people out there with real diseases that wouldn't be gone in 24 hours like my pain would be. I was finally able to take some Tylenol to help break my fever and when I woke up about 6:30ish I felt better and ate a bowl of Cookie Crisp (ha!)
I have to say that Friday and this morning all I have done is Lysol toys, wipe surfaces, and do more laundry. The kids seem to be feeling much better and that is a blessing in itself. I am trying to rest up because tomorrow night I have a date with M to run 7-8 miles and I am looking forward to it but am so nervous at the same time. I know that we can do it and I honestly don't really care about the time I do it in just that I do it. So, say a little prayer for me that my body is rested enough (come on 18 hours!) and that I feel strong throughout the run.
Hope you all had great runs this week and weekend. Those who had races I hope you ROCKED THEM! and Until tomorrow...

Happy Running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment