Saturday, April 4, 2009

LBK Open House




A couple of months ago Dave came up with the idea that to raise community support for their department that they should have an open house. He also volunteered to organize everything which was a hefty task. Today the kids got up and drove the 45 minutes to the fire station. The


kids were super excited to be able and go see daddy at work.


Once we arrived the kids got busy with the activities...





Ryan shooting the hose
Ashley shooting the hose


After taking turns shooting the hose about 10 times each (thanks Jay!) we went in and mingled with some of the other families. Ryan ate 3 hot dogs (YUCK!!!) but he loves them.




Then the firefighters did a little demonstration using the jaws of life. They cut up a car (which they were extremely excited to do) but that scared Ashley almost to tears.











After the car cutting the kids were ready to finally go home. So we decided that we would head out to try to avoid the major beach traffic. We took a few family shots to commemorate the day and home was calling my name.




I guess it wasn't as bad as I had feared. I am extremely proud of my husband for all of the hard work that he put in to this event. I heard whisperings about an annual event so I guess we will wait and see if we will be doing this again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment