Sunday, April 5, 2009

Not so Lazy Days

I love when we can have a lazy day around here. Although I don't think the term really applies to the whole day when you have kids. I seem to feel guilty a lot of the time when I allow myself to be truly lazy during the hours of 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. but today I don't think I really had a choice. We got up and went to church which was sooooo good. I absolutely love Sundays now (or Saturday nights-when Dave works on Sundays) because I truly enjoy going to church and diving into the Bible. I enjoy worshiping with others who truly want to be there too. Today was no exception. Pastor Tim spoke about the "stuff" that we fall in love with and put too much emphasis on which blocks our relationships with others and our ministry in pointing to Christ. Once again I left challenged to evaluate myself and try to make changes in the way that I think and the "stuff" that I want. Then, Pastor Tim talked a little about tithing which went ok and then the rappers came out. Honestly I will NEVER forget them rapping about tithing but the part that was so funny to me was that one of the "rappers" was Ashley's friend W's dad. The next time I see him at school I think I probably will bust out laughing and hopefully he will understand because I might be laughing too hard to explain it to him. As soon as they post it on the website I will be putting a link here because it is honestly the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Oh wait- I forgot completely about the seafood fest we went to last night. Dave and Eric have been roommates at work for the last 6 years and last night was the first time our families have gotten together. So, I had NO idea that this seafood festival was such a big event but apparently there was a free concert so every hick in the county was there and I would say that 90% of them were drunk too. It made for interesting people watching and Ryan and Ashley loved dancing. The seafood itself wasn't all that good but it was nice to be with some new friends and to spend a nice evening together too. I think that we have done more in the last 3 days than we did in the whole month of March combined and it is just the beginning of Spring Break.

I hope that I have enough energy to make it through the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment